Sunday, July 11, 2010

bike?

I have a resentment. And I already prayed for the person I am resenting...

My sister has a bike. It has been sitting... wherever it's been sitting... for about two years. I think my mom gave it to her. She has never used it. It even has a flat tire or needs a tube or something- she told me this LAST SPRING- that's Spring of 2009... And yesterday morning, I invited her to go to the book sale in my town with me (used books that are 3 for $1) and she said she couldn't afford to go. That she really had no money- not even for a $.33 book... I had been meaning to ask her about the bike, so I took this opportunity and said "Hey, you should sell me your bike." and she said she no- that she was thinking she might use it eventually. I suggested that she loan it to me indefinitely- and I'd get it fixed and when she needed it she could have it back. She, again, said no.

Now that I put that in writing, I feel silly. I need to emphasize that I'm not *that* upset over it. But really, it's silly. It would be cool if she actually started to use the bike, too. I hope she does.

I ran on the treadmill at the gym yesterday and I hope to run on the boardwalk- even if it's short- then jump in the ocean when I'm done. Today, the beach doesn't open 'til 12:30 so unless I get out RIGHT NOW, the morning isn't an option. "Guards" block the entrance to the beach starting at 8 am on Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. Except probably for a possible hurricane or tidal wave, beach closing in the Summer just kinda sounds odd in L.A. People would probably go on strike!

    On the bike thing, I would just go to a Goodwill or Salvation Army store and get a starter one. Some get lucky on garage sales even.

    ReplyDelete