Friday, July 16, 2010

First time training with a group

At the city pool where I usually do my workouts, one of the lifeguards made small talk about my wetsuit and told me he does triathlons too and that there's a triathlon group that trains there and suggested I join them.

Halfway through my workout, he called me and introduced me to the trainer and assigned me to a lane with the group. He made us do exercises that are unconventional for me and that I'm almost always out of breath! Afterwards, he offered to train me for a fee and gave me his business card. I took the card and told him I'll think about it (but in my mind, I already said "no way, man. I'm cheap!").

I did ask about my apprehensions in joining the longer race and contemplating on downgrading. He asked me where I was at in my training and said if I could work up to 50 mi. on the bike, I'll be ok. So at least I have some goal to reach for a solid decision.

Bought a new bike handlebar tape since the old one wore out and put it on last night. Looking forward to another ocean swim this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment