Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Post

Yesterday I did Vinyasa Yoga. Over an hour in a room heated to 110 degrees or so with maybe 11 other people... Why does this count as training? It's a new challenge. Balance, focus, strain, and all of it in close proximity to other humans. It's stretching my bounds and doing something I've never done before.

We are training for this little tiny biathlon. I said that I have apprehensions about the swim. That I have a fear of swimming in ocean water. That I am a self-taught swimmer with little experience.

But I did this when I lived in Hawaii. More than a half mile total. What does that say about my fear?

1 comment:

  1. Bought an $80 wetsuit online last week and thought I had a good deal!
    Tried it out on the beach yesterday and was still freezin' in the water! Tried sitting on the sand as the water came in hoping my body would get used to the temperature to no avail.
    Braved the water to dive in once but it was just too freakin' cold and gave up.
    Went to a triathlon store afterwards and showed them the wetsuit to find out it was more of a surfing not a swimming suit.
    Went shopping for one and found out I needed to get a 4mm thick one for the race I'm preparing for which a good one would cost me around $400. Looking at how I can squeeze it in my budget. Good thing my swim training won't start till 2nd week of April. Gonna continue with my bike training for now.

    ReplyDelete