Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Off the yoga mat, on the road again!

Last Wednesday I purchased an introductory week of Hot Yoga. I went to four ninety minute sessions and certainly got my money's worth. The experience was amazing, challenging, overwhelming, strengthening, rejuvenating, torturous, tumultuous, joyous and traumatic just to name a few. Who knew that stretching and balancing beyond my perceived physical limits in a very hot room amongst strangers would conjure such a mix of sensations.

This week-o-yoga made it difficult to manage time for a daily run. I typically run an average of 23 miles a week and this week, I ran a mere 6. No worries, though, I expect to run a strong 5 miles tomorrow and hopefully 7 on Thursday. I will either rest on Friday, or run a short recovery run of 2 or 3 miles.

I do 2 separate upper body workouts at least once a week. One consists of resistance training for chest, delts, and triceps, the other strengthens back, biceps and abs.

I started working in a new place (part time at the moment) last week- this also throws my schedule. I am enjoying learning a new facet of my craft. I now have to quickly learn to manage my time so I do not fall behind on the work that I have piled up here in my workspace at home. Allegedly, yoga can teach you "balance" in all areas of life... Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment