Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why am I doing this again?

Did 1500 yards swimming after work yesterday on an empty stomach (only had a big breakfast,coffee, & soda the whole day). So I was nauseous after the work out. It's probably my first time to ask myself "Why am I doing this? :-("

It reminds me of that scripture in Corinthians that says "Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."(1 Cor 9)

With everything that's going on with church and life right now, I ask "Why do I need this?" :-(

Sold my mountain bike and bought aerobars last weekend for my road bike. Prices start at $100 for the low-end ones. The carbon-fiber kind (which I don't really don't need) start at $200. Luckily the bike owner told me a cop customer is selling one for $90: carbon-fiber Ironman designed only used for a month, including installation! What a better deal.

Took the bike for a ride and it feels uncomfortable! Didn't know you have to pay about $150 for bike-fitting with the aerobars! So I'm just doing trial-and-error on the fitting. And it would take new training to get used to it.

Have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and going home from the appointment. Planning to ride and run to catch up with training.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's God's timing. If you didn't have training to focus on, wouldn't you be more absorbed and obsessing on your emotions? Training requires immediate focus and attention to "right here and right now" and forces you to stay focused during a workout so that you can't waste energy worrying about other things. You are striving for victory when training.

    ReplyDelete