Sunday, June 6, 2010

summer running

My p.r. in a 5k was during a race when it was 95 degrees out and almost 100% humidity. My favorite races that I did in the past were in the heat of the summer. This is my time.

I ran this morning- a quick four miles on the boardwalk. Actually it wasn't that quick... The bridge went up and I stood waiting for it to let all the boats pass and come down for about 6 minutes. This bridge is at 1.6 miles of an out-and-back run so it's almost silly to stand there and wait to finish .4 miles and turn around, but I didn't have much of an alternative plan. I considered extending the run to five or six miles since I was standing there for so long, but I have a lot of things I'm hoping to accomplish today.

My kids will run a 5k next weekend. I'm excited that they're all determined to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment