Thursday, September 2, 2010

3 weeks before the race

Lost some time in training since I got a bike accident the other week. A car almost hit me, I lost control trying to avoid it, ate the pavement scratching my left shoulder, elbow, and knees. The bike was a little scratched up, but OK.

On the Saturday of this week, decided to go to Sta. Barbara with a friend to do a mini dry run of the race. I wanted to do a short distance of all the events in one morning just to see how it would feel.

The swim:
Got there around 8:00 in the morning. The water was in the low 60's. Luckily I found a small group of people doing a swim workout. Some of them were doing the Sprint the weekend of the race.
Put on my wetsuit and did like a 400-yd. swim with my buddy on the shore dragging the bikes to measure the distance on the bike computer/odometer.

The bike:
We were suppose to go with a group doing the actual route, but got lost because we were behind, so just managed to do a 17 mi.-ride around the area.

The run:
Did a 6-mi. run after the biking.

I felt good but hungry!!! Grabbed a burger meal and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment