Monday, May 31, 2010

First Ocean Swim & Life Situations



Finally did my first ocean swim last Saturday with my brother and nephew! While they fished, I swam like a frozen fish! It was coooold!!!!
The wetsuit worked perfectly fine (and the fit is great, by the way!). But just hands, feet and face....brrrrr!!! I was just standing there getting used to the cold for about 10 mins. or so, about 50 yards from the shore (I could almost hear my brother and nephew saying, "and he's joining a race?").
After going back and forth to the shore, I finally decided to swim. It was hard to tell how much I swam because there are no markers, but I assume only about 300 yards total.
This weekend is one of my bottoms in life. Within 3 days, I lost my friendship with my roommate who I felt close as a brother already, was asked to move out of where I was living, and was asked not to come to the church I'm attending. It sucked!
I went out with my brother last Friday night and was burning to tell him everything but wasn't sure how he'll take it, so I decided to wait. But while keeping things in I tried to drown it with...beer. While we were watching the Laker game at a local bar, I decided to drink to ease the pain. Finished 3 bottles before I called someone in the program to tell how like was sucking at that point.
Thank God, a friend offered a room so I'll have a place to stay for now. I haven't told my family yet. Please pray hard for me. Thanks.
It's hard to train when life throws you a curve; you're mind is distracted. I was feeling a little depressed this morning so I overslept. I read my bible to get the feelings away and eventually fell asleep again. When I woke up, I decided to go for a bike ride. Managed to do 30 miles of biking that morning at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment