Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fight on!

Planned to swim in the ocean this weekend but couldn't find anybody to go with (my brother promised he'll go with me this long weekend). So was a bit disappointed and had to settle swimming at the local pool. Did 80 x 25 yds. And same thing, a guy in the next lane wanted to show off and outsprint me. Practiced pacing once again and was able to finish my target laps.
Could not get sober and was really discouraged and did not feel like going to a meeting anymore. But I thought to myself, "then what"? So I rode my bike to Starbucks and then eventually to a meeting. Volunteered to lead the meeting, and felt good about it.
When I got home, I invited my roommate to go running and did 6.5 mi. in 67 mins. We sprinted the last half mile or so. It felt good to push it and fight on! I feel like recovery is one of the biggest fight of my life. And I know I can never do it without people, and most specially...God!
Thanks to all the people who God gave me at this time of my life who have made a difference! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Did my first morning swim. I've always wanted to do it but just got lazy to get up at 5:00am.
    Pool opens at 6:00 and for some reason, I got up at 4:00 today. Did my reading and praying then went and hit the pool. Did 60 x 25 yds. Gonna do some running tonight as well.
    Training is getting tougher but...fighting on!
    Deciding on taking a class in school in the Fall for my degree as well. Another one of my battles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did a 20 mi. bike ride last night.
    Read in an article to focus on your weakest discipline and ratio the training as follows:

    Weakest discipline: train 4x a week
    Average discipline: train 3x a week
    Strongest discipline: train 2x a week

    Determined that for me it would be:
    Weakest - Bike
    Average - Run
    Strongest - Swim

    Thus, am planning to ride more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swam 60 x 25 yds. this morning. Didn't have much sleep last night so I was starting to black out after the workout. Had to rest a little bit before hitting the showers.
    I just hope it doesn't happen during the race! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. you are on the ball. i have had an insane week. crazy busy at work since everyone wants to have their boat ready by memorial day weekend. quite surprisingly, i have not run at all this week! i am running with my middle son this afternoon but it will only be 1.5 miles. i plan to, at the very least, crank out four miles on the boardwalk or on the treadmill at the gym if i have to.

    ReplyDelete