Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Parallel Training

Did 90 x 25 yds swimming in 55 mins. (freestyle) and did 20 mi. biking in 1 hr. 20 mins. last night.

I feel like my training is complementing my recovery:

There are nights that I don't want to train, but I just go ahead and do it. There are days I don't feel like going to meetings, but I just go ahead and do it.

I keep on fumbling on my sobriety, I get back on track and try again. I miss my training sched but I try to make up for lost distance in the next training day.

At times I feel the work-out is "muscled" and I'm not doing it right. I feel like there are steps in the program I feel is legalistic and I ain't doing it right either.

In the end, I'm hoping I finish my race...and get well in recovery! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Did 15-mi. biking last night.
    Will take tomorrow off from work to leave for Big Bear this weekend. Planning to go to the beach and finally try out my new wetsuit. Brrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that training and recovery are similar. There are times when I loathe the mere thought of running, yet when I get out there and do it, I do better and feel stronger than I have in weeks. Sometimes it's not up to us. We might be closed minded or feel lazy, but growth and learning can happen even if we do not expect it! I think this is true for both athletic training and recovery.

    ReplyDelete