Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ten miles.

We went out to Manasquan Reservoir and I ran ten miles for the first time in almost 2 years. I was careful not to be too mindful of my time/pace. It was important just to get it done. To conquer the apprehension and fear of this distance. Frank rode along (well, just ahead, really) for the first 5 mile loop and I challenged him to lap/pass me on his bike during my second loop. He is still new at gear changing on this mountain bike and this was a great place for him to get some practice. He passed me at 3.5 miles, which was 8.5 miles for him. He finished the rest just ahead of me. I felt really good and strong by mile seven. My breathing was regulated and cardio wise, I felt like I could go indefinitely. Sometime soon, when time allows, I'd like to run and see just how far I can go. This makes me think: MARATHON.

2 comments: