Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Catching up with Training

Exactly 18 weeks before the race. And the actual training begins!
Here's the sched for this week:










































Date Swim Bike Run
Mon 750 yds. 15 mi
 
Tue 750 yds.
20 mins.
Wed
15 mi.
Thu 1000 yds.
20 mins.
Fri


Sat

30 mins.
Sun
20 mi.


I'm behind schedule by 2 days, so I tried catching up today on the swimming. Did 84 x 25 yards (2100 yds) this evening in 55 mins. Planning to ride my bike to the subway station (10 mi. one way) tomorrow to catch up with the bike training as well. And I'm excited that I will start running again! I miss it.

Scripture says:
1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

So I will include some of what I'm learning in recovery as well:

1) Coming back to the program, I am more accepting of flaws in people, specially sponsors and members, that they are not required and impossible to be perfect.

2) I am more accepting of myself: my failures and weaknesses. I am more forgiving of myself when I fail. God forgives me, why can't I?

3) Advise and direction is only good if put into practice. Nobody overcomes by knowledge alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment