Friday, April 30, 2010

Back on the street...

...pounding the pavement. Ran 7 mi. in 1 hr. 19 mins last nite at 11:00. Slow but felt good about it for a first running workout. So I'm done with the running quota for the week. Just gotta catch up with the biking quota (didn't bike to the subway yesterday as planned :-(

Starting to gain some confidence on the race. I feel like if I just keep up with the training (following an Olympic than a Half-Iron sched now), I can at least finish it.

Lesson I'm learning at recovery right now:
Embrace my curse! That God put this struggle in life for at least 2 reasons:
1) to humble me and to always acknowledge my need for God (2 Corinthians 12:6-8) so I treat it now as a gift, not a curse
2) to help others that suffers from it (2 Corinthians 1:3-5) once I overcome it

2 comments:

  1. Awesome that you can just get up and run 7 no matter what pace, Kuya.

    I'm excited about your half iron man! Keep working toward your victory in all things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, T.!
    Didn't workout the whole weekend due to activities and, uh, soreness from the last run? (Ouch!)
    But did go out and ran the same route this morning and did it 3 mins faster. Slow but steady....
    Expecting my wetsuit to arrive today. Excited to try it!

    Broke my sobriety over the weekend and didn't feel like going to church because of shame and discouragement. But still went and was glad I did. Went to a meeting at night and realized it was total honesty was lacking that's why I fail. Will try to focus on that this week.

    ReplyDelete